Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access.
Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Our Customer Care center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
Our commitment to you
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and will process your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently. This privacy notice describes the personal data we are collecting about you and how it is used.
We will only collect and use your personal data for the following purposes, to:
- fulfil your order(s)
- keep you up to date with the latest offers and trends
- give you a better shopping experience
- help us to make our marketing more relevant to you and your interests
- improve our services
- meet our legal responsibilities
How we keep your data safe and secure
We have appropriate organizational safeguards and security measures in place to protect your data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
The communication between your browser and our website uses a secure encrypted connection wherever your personal data is involved. We encrypt your data and store it on secure servers hidden behind a firewall.
We require any third party who is contracted to process your personal data on our behalf to have security measures in place to protect your data and to treat such data in accordance with the law.
In the unfortunate event of a personal data breach, we will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
The personal data we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include anonymized data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
While our website is designed for a general audience, we will not knowingly collect any data from children under the age of 13 or sell products to children. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to use or submit your data to the website.
The following groups of personal data are collected:
- Identity Data includes information such as: first name, last name, title, date of birth (optional), personal description (optional), photo (optional) and gender (optional).
- Contact Data includes information such as: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country, telephone number, loyalty program membership number, social media id (if you log in by social media).
- Financial Data includes information such as: payment card details or PayPal And Stripe account information.
- Transaction Data includes information such as: details of your purchases and the fulfilment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders, and details of any rewards and bonuses awarded.
- Technical Data includes information such as: details of the device(s) you use to access our services, your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Profile Data includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, product and style interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information such as: how and when you use our website/app, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website/app performance statistics, traffic, location, weblogs and other communication data; loyalty program activities; and details of any other Girlmerry products and services used by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes information such as: your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section. From your purchases and other interactions with us, we obtain information concerning the specific products or services you purchase or use. When you visit this website, our web server automatically collects anonymous information such as log data and IP addresses, and may collect general information concerning your location. We may use the automatically collected information for a number of purposes, such as improving our site design, product assortments, customer service, and special promotions.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
The legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
- we have your consent to do so, or
- we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
How long we keep your data for
We will keep your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) it was provided for and to meet our legal obligations. Further details of the periods for which we retain data are available on request.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How we share your data.
We may disclose and share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- where you have consented for us to do so. For example, if you have consented to receive marketing materials from third parties, or in respect of third parties’ (including co-branded or jointly promoted) products and services, we may pass your data on to the relevant third parties for the purpose of sending you such marketing communications;
- to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and other third parties that we use in connection with the running of our business for the purposes set out in the table above in the section ‘How we use your data’, such as:
- third party service providers that we engage to provide IT systems and software, and to host our website;
- third-party payment processing services (including PayPal, Stripe) to process your payment to us. We do not store your credit/debit card information;
- third party service providers that we engage to deliver goods you have ordered;
- third party service providers that we engage to send emails and postal mail on our behalf including in relation to incomplete orders or abandoned baskets, or marketing communications, to provide data cleansing services and to provide marketing and advertising services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website;
- affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- to any third party to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
- to protect our customers and website from fraud and theft, we may share personal data that is required to make identity checks and personal data that we obtain from making identity checks (including data relating to your age, name and location), together with account information, with organizations (including law enforcement agencies), involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or
- to our professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
A "web beacon" or "pixel tag" or "clear gif" is typically a one-pixel image, used to pass information from your computer or mobile device to a website.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and the information they store.
Online Account Registration
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on the Girlmerry website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to Sign Out when you finish shopping. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive email from Girlmerry or its affiliates you can click on the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
Your data and countries outside of Europe
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, destinations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") using legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Whenever we transfer personal data outside the EEA, we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring appropriate safeguards, as required by law, are in place. This may include using specific contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection as it has in Europe. More information about these is available here http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32010D0087
Please contact us if you want further information on the countries to which we may transfer personal data and the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
You have several rights under the data privacy legislation. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction of your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- request restriction of processing of your personal data
- request the transfer of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- object to automated decision making
Brief details of each of these rights are set out below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com or Chat with Us.
Request Access to your personal data
You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain information relating to our processing of your personal data.
Request correction of your personal data
You are entitled to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your personal data at any time by logging into your account and updating your details directly, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat with Us
Request erasure of your personal data
Note, however, Once you press "Delete My Data" button, you will be logged out, and will never be able to login into this account.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data
You have a right to ask Girlmerry to suspend the processing of your personal data in certain scenarios, for example if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data, or you have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. Where processing is restricted, we are allowed to retain sufficient information about you to ensure that the restriction is respected in future.
Request the transfer of your personal data
You have the right to obtain a digital copy of your personal data or request the transfer of your personal data to another company. Please note though that this right only applies to automated data which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the data to perform a contract with you.
Object to processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we believe we have a legitimate interest in processing it (as explained above). You also have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your data which override your rights and freedoms.
Object to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to object to the automated processing of your personal data without human intervention. This form of processing is permitted where it is necessary as part of our contract with you, providing that appropriate safeguards are in place or your explicit consent has been obtained.
We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise any of the above rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please email us directly at email@example.com or Chat with Us. You also have the right to make a complaint to the ICO (the data protection regulator in the UK). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website, applications or let you know by email.
DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the App, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the App. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the App, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
How to Contact us
We welcome feedback and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your data. Please send any questions, comments or requests for more information to firstname.lastname@example.org or Chat with Us. This Privacy Notice was last updated on April 28, 2023.
Shop 401, Building 2, No. 253,
Xingye Avenue East, Nancun Town
GUANGZHOU, GUANGDONG 510000